Nizoral Anti Dandruff Shampoo
Dandruff has many causes, from something as simple as a dry scalp to serious cases like fungus and bacterial infection. These are two of multiple potential reasons for dandruff, and here comes the Nizoral AD (anti-dandruff) shampoo that claims to help you get rid of this problem. Its active ingredient is used to treat severe dandruff that is resistant to other treatments. Without further delay let’s get into it.
Active ingredient in Nizoral and its Target
The main active ingredient in Nizoral is an anti-fungal agent called Ketoconazole (1%). A natural scalp fungus called Plasmodium Ovale (or P.ovale) is the main target of ketoconazole. This fungus already exists on our scalps and naturally it co-exists with the environment of the hair, but sometimes it reacts to the external environment (mainly pollutants from air) and that is where it grows out of control. The abnormal growth starts accumulating the dead skin cells and that eventually causes irritated and itchy skin. And if you happen to scratch harder than usual, small cuts on the inflamed and hypersensitive skin often leads to bacterial infections.
How does this Shampoo Work?
The best thing about Nizoral is that it performs three tasks at the same time
1) It cleanses the scalp from base to hair tip.
2) The anti-fungal properties fight off dandruff and infection causing bacteria.
3) It blocks androgen receptors, meaning it absorbs into the skin and prevents the production of DHT in the body, the main cause of hair loss in men.
4) For dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis, the shampoo should be used to wash the hair twice a week for two to four weeks. Once these conditions have cleared up they can be prevented from coming back by using the shampoo once every one to two weeks.
Ketoconazole eliminates the excessive oil, and levels of fungi and is potent enough to work long after the shampoo has been washed off. That is because the ketoconazole binds to the natural protein of the hair and keeps fighting off fungi accumulation and dead skin build up. The alcohol in ketoconazole compound serves as an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial agent that kills germs and removes dirt and debris from the scalp, keeping it clean.
The Nizoral-AD is scented, this leaves your hair smelling good. Additionally it is so gentle that it can be used on colored and chemically treated hair.
Pros of using Nizoral
- Can be bought without a prescription over the counter, for treating something as simple, but difficult to remove as dandruff.
- Doctors recommend using this shampoo, for its target specific nature of work.
- Unlike other shampoos, it does not have to be used every single day, but rather twice a week is enough.
- It is one of the top selling products, as many customers have given positive feedback about it.
- There are almost no side effects of using this product.
- The price of the bottle, which is $15 for 7oz (almost 200 grams).
- Can cause dryness and irritation if left on too long.
Ketoconazole, along with other ingredients work together to fight fungi and dandruff causing factors on your skin, reducing the inflammation, while helping you have healthy clean hair. As it is one of the top selling products on Amazon, using it is recommended. However it is to be noted that everything doesn’t work for everybody, if your dandruff is caused by something else and not any fungi infection, chances are this will not work for you at all. See a doctor and get an exact idea of what you are dealing with before you go out to buy this.SHARING IS CARING